October 12, 2012

Sharing The Love ~ Owen's Room Reveal


I couldn't help but share this absolutely amazing little boy's room designed by Nancy over at Owen's Olivia. The room reveal was featured on YHL this week and it is full of many of my favorite design elements.

This is an excellent example of how a toddler's bedroom needn't be frilly and pink (for a girl) or filled with race cars and blue (for a boy). I am so in love with the monochromatic colour scheme. Surprise surprise ;) Nancy has achieved the perfect balance in the room with the small pops of colour in the art, pillows and accessories.


It is also a perfect example of how redoing a room doesn't have to break the bank. With resourcefulness and creativity the entire room makeover only cost $305! The majority of the large items were either found on Craigslist or at thrift stores (the dresser was even rescued from the dump), and Nancy made most of the fantastic art herself. A little bit of paint, an excellent eye for detail and a bit of elbow grease can produce magical results.



Along with the art, Nancy also made the pallet wall, the floating shelves, the chevron curtains, the blankets, pillows and stuffed toys. I truly can't say enough how much I love that crib blanket! It is Ikat, chevron, black, white and grey goodness all piled into one.  






To be honest I could sit here and list off every single item that I love in this room, which would be every single item. To name a few that I feel I can't stop myself from mentioning are....the grey fabric bunting, the acorn pom-poms hanging from the shelf, the pallet wall, the cloud pillows, the antique rocking chair, the nail head art, the Death Cab for Cutie poster, the little brass whale, the.....OK seriously I am in love with it all!

I just want to stare at these photos all day. Find more photos of Owen's Room Reveal along with the full post here.

While you are there you will want to check out the rest of Nancy's blog. She also shares my love of fabric. Actually there are a few things we have in common....procrastination...umm ;)

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing my room. i cannot get enough fabric in my life. do you like home decor fabric, sewing fabric, or a mixture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a weakness for fabric! Especially second hand fabric :) I would say my favorite is home decor fabric....anything I can turn into a pillow cover or upholster a chair with. Thanks for taking the time to check out my post :)

      Delete