September 19, 2012

Inspiration ~ English Country Cottage Gardens

With the warmer weather sticking around and the sun continuing to shine, we have been spending as much time as we can outside weeding and tidying up the yard. We still have a LONG way to go but we've been working on some projects that will add a little more curb appeal to our diamond in the rough.

All along I have envisioned what our bungalow has the potential to be. Call me a dreamer but I can see a warm cozy inviting abode through all of the grime and disarray.

True to my British heritage I am in love with English country cottages and gardens. Here's a little country cottage inspiration for you all......


Do you notice a exterior colour scheme going on in the above photos? Call it a preview if you will ;)


 

I would love to plant a small hedge along the front with a little country gate. Plant a veggie garden on the side and fill the perimeter with wild flowers and flowering shrubs including Forget-me-not, Foxglove, Lavender, Viburnum, Kerria, Grape Hyacinthand Daisies. Soon I hope, but I know slow and steady wins the race.


Can you guys envision it as well???!

2 comments:

  1. I love wildflower gardens! Where it looks like a seed bomb exploded with colour. Makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was actually gettng quite giddy going through these photos. It may also have to do with being homesick for my UK country life before moving to Canada :)

      Delete